It’s Back! The pioneering programme Blue Bio Value returns this 2023 to support ocean-bio-based sustainable solutions to address the current climate, environmental and social challenges. Applications are now open until June 5th!
This programme aims to fast-track startups operating within the value chain of marine bioresources, specifically in the blue biotechnology sector, that offer sustainable services or products contributing to a healthier use of ocean resources. By doing so, it serves as a sustainable alternative to tackle primary challenges that the world faces.
What to Expect
- A 10-week equity-free acceleration programme that represents a unique opportunity for growth.
- Mentorship: You will be exposed to experts from different sectors and backgrounds, including CEOs, entrepreneurs, opinion leaders and investors ready to advise founders on their business strategy.
- Final 3 weeks in Portugal: Home to one of the largest maritime territories, the final weeks will be in-person while you visit key local ecosystem players, meet promoters, network and attend the Blue Bio Value final pitch event.
- 1-year membership in Bluebio Alliance, which would give you access to multiple benefits.
The programme will award the best startup with a prize of € 45,000 to the top-performing startups, which the winners will be able to spend in the Blue Demo Network
What Blue Bio Value Accelerator is looking for?
The programme is looking for early-stage impact ventures from around the world with projects that represent a business opportunity along the value chain of marine bioresources, including, but not limited to, biotechnology-based projects that tackle the following topics:
- Feeding a growing population & ensuring sustainable food systems
- Enhancing health & well – being
- Mitigation and adaptation to climate change
- Addressing resource scarcity and preserving ecosystems & biodiversity
- Empowering a circular bioeconomy growth model
- Reducing plastic production & pollution